Week 11
So I was supposed to go to another astronomy thing, but I was exhausted and I didn't want to wait until 9 for it to start. So instead I went to check out the Wisdom Project which is part of Canada 150 (ya...it's still going on). I swung by the Faculty of Social Work after work and made my way to the third floor where it was displayed. It was quite small, but nice and intimate.
Found: Events Website/9 new things
Host: Canada 150 Fund/Social Work
Link: http://canada150.utoronto.ca/event/exhibit-wisdom-photo-project/
Description:The Wisdom Photo Project will commemorate Canada’s 150th anniversary through the narrated photo stories of its aging individuals with the aim of exploring discourses around aging and to encourage intergenerational engagement. The project will highlight Canada’s momentum over the last 150 years with respect to supporting successful aging through a photo display of seniors from across Canada and their perspectives on what it means to age positively in Canada.
Experience:
-M
Date: July 7, 2017
Event/Activity: The Wisdom Photo Project
Capacity: Student/Alumni/StaffEvent/Activity: The Wisdom Photo Project
Found: Events Website/9 new things
Host: Canada 150 Fund/Social Work
Link: http://canada150.utoronto.ca/event/exhibit-wisdom-photo-project/
Description:The Wisdom Photo Project will commemorate Canada’s 150th anniversary through the narrated photo stories of its aging individuals with the aim of exploring discourses around aging and to encourage intergenerational engagement. The project will highlight Canada’s momentum over the last 150 years with respect to supporting successful aging through a photo display of seniors from across Canada and their perspectives on what it means to age positively in Canada.
The Wisdom exhibition will take place at the Factor-Inwentash Faculty
of Social Work Art Wall (246 Bloor Street West, Third Floor) beginning
July 1st, 2017 to coincide with Canada’s 150th anniversary.
It will feature 50 photographs of older adults narrated by their words
on aging in Canada. Visitors will be encouraged to leave their own words
of wisdom for future generations. Following the exhibit, the photos
will be hosted at the Hart House Talking Wall (7 Hart House Circle)
throughout Fall 2017 and archived online.
Experience:
- Made my way to the exhibit on a Friday evening
- Quiet - had a chance to read everything
- Pretty straight forward as far as experiences go - nice exhibit to look at on my own time
- Aging doesn't have to be scary (though I still find it scary)
- Narratives and hearing from the voices is important and powerful
- There's some really cool/hip old people dfeatured in the exhibit - I hope to be as cool as them when I'm old
-M

