Week 52

I love volleyball, I also suck at volleyball; but I refuse to stop playing haha. I was into volleyball as a kid (sucked back then) and picked it up again last year (I stink now too).  Last year I did three sessions of clinics, 2 sessions of community centre pick up games, and 1 session of outdoor beach. I finally decided this year to play in school, and I've loved every minute of it!  I played in intramurals which was super intense and then I played in a super fun grad school house league which I have 100% enjoyed. I've never played sports in school; I'm a gym rat but that's a very autonomous activity. For me, this was a bit of a step out of my comfort zone, and I had loads of fun.  Definitely added to my busy schedule! 


Date: April 13, 2018
Event/Activity: Volleyball
Capacity: Student

Found: Looked for opportunity
Host: Intramurals/GSU Volleyball
Link: https://www.utgsu.ca/volleyball/

Description:
The UTGSU Volleyball League runs from mid-October through to April. Players may register as a team or individually. Players must select one of three division options (Recreational, Intermediate, and Competitive). Playoffs will take place for the Competitive and Intermediate divisions only. Sessions are scheduled from Monday to Wednesday between 5PM-11PM.

Experience: 
  • Intramurals was hard - I mean..if you want a reminder of how bad you are, that's the way to go hahaha.  I'm definitely glad I went to clinics though; at least I know what the heck people are yelling about 
  • House league was really really fun, I joined as an individual and got put in a team with a bunch of mechanical engineers. Even though people didn't show up every week we had a load of fun :) 
What I learned:
  • Not to be a debbie downer, but you can legitimately practice and not get better.  I mean, I've gotten slightly better over the year - but I definitely haven't progressed the way I've seen other people progress
  • You can stink at something but still love it and still want to play more