Week 33

I love December.  It's my birthday month, it's the month of Christmas, and the month I get to take time off.  There's snow, and skating, and sleeping in....love love love it. I got REAL pumped first the holidays on December 1st starting with this Gingerbread session and a bunch of craft shows. I also ended up going caroling the next week; popped open advent calendars almost immediately, and you can sure as heck bet I was decorating the office.  YAS DECEMBER! 

Date: Friday December 1, 2017
Event/Activity: Gingerbread House Decoration
Capacity:  Student

Found: Grad Life organizer told me
Host: Grad Life
Link: https://bookit.studentlife.utoronto.ca/Activity.aspx?ID=019e6814-bff7-475f-b31d-618fa59d53dc

Description:

Join us at the Loblaws Cooking School to decorate your own gingerbread house. You will be provided with the pre-assembled house, royal icing, and all the candies, and you have a blast decorating. When your masterpieces complete, we‘ll wrap it in cellophane ready for you to take home to display! The Pc Cooking school is located on the second floor of the maple leaf Gardens store, next to the JOE fresh and LCBO. We will have an informal contest for best house with a prize! No outside food allowed in the class.

Cost: $10 per gingerbread house. If you are bringing your family and only decorating one house together, you only need to purchase one ticket.

Experience: 
  • So this grad escape wasn't originally planned this year; but I had never gone and I REALLY wanted to go, so I kept nagging until it became a thing hahah
  • Went with a couple of friends
  • Pre-built houses, but given all the proper decorations/icing
  • Wrapped the houses for us after we were done

What I learned: 
  • Decorating houses are really fun when they're pre-built and not falling over!
  • I love December/Christmas; this was definitely a good start
  • Something like this can definitely be very mindful/relaxing 


-M