Week 34

As a kid I used to have a little booth at craft shows; whether it was selling jewellery or baked goods; it was always fun. For me, attending craft shows is super fun!  I rarely buy things (if I do, it's small things); but there's very few times I can feel as inspired as I do when I attend a craft show.  And that moment when you find that one unique thing you know someone's gonna love....can't beat that.  I started going to various craft shows around the University starting in November and I went full swing in December.  WHOOOO! 

Date: December
Event/Activity: Craft Shows!
Capacity: Student/Staff/Consumer

Found: Facebook, Posters
Host: Rotman/Native Centre/First Nations House/Oxfam
Link: Various

Description: 

ALL THE CRAFT SHOWS. TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

Experience: 
  • Love love loved it, I just aimlessly roamed around a number of great shows
  • The oxfam experience was fun - Oxfam is one of the clubs I work closely with in the Clubhouse, so it was nice to see them in action and see all the hard work they put into organizing the fair
  • Rotman was weird...it felt like it was past Rotman students and full on companies coming to sell their stuff...weirddd
  • First Nations House/Native Centre was so nice to attend; they were selling a lot of very unique/ethical items.  My favourite was their book collection by an indigeneous book company...if I ever have kids, I need to get representative picture books from them!

What I learned:
  • It's a fun season to be shopping around 
  • Talking to vendors is always fun :) 
 

-M