Week 20

When I think back to undergrad I envision myself as an uninvolved timid student.  That's my vision of past Meagan; but as I get more involved I get flashbacks of undergrad, and I actually did a lot.  (It's like I erased the memory of my undergraduate experience or something!) I saw the poster for the Vic booksale in the clubhouse one day, and had a sudden flashback of the time I volunteered for the sale, probably back in 2nd year.  I have a vivid recollection of boxes of books, and sorting (it's sort of melding in with my memories working in the library).  Well...it was nice to come back and check out the booksale again - this time on the  non-sorting end :)


Date: Friday September 22, 2017
Event/Activity: Victoria College Book Sale 2017
Capacity:  Student/Staff/Alumni

Found: Posters
Host: Friends of Victoria College University
Link: http://library.vicu.utoronto.ca/friends/book_sale.html

Description: 

All proceeds go to Victoria University Library.
Volunteers have processed thousands of books and tons of music… cd’s, vinyl, sheet music and song books for the annual Vic Book Sale. Generous book donors have already donated a wide variety of titles in all areas of interest to entice book buyers to this wonderful event. Check out last year's recap on our blog and what we have planned for the book sale this year!

Experience: 
  • Walked in, checked in my bag...and books!!!
  • Explored the mounds of books with the crowds of people 
  • Didn't end up buying anything...I feel like I don't have any time to read anymore

What I learned: 
  • I realize how uncultured I am...I don't read much since school takes up all my brain power
  • Watching people discuss authors (who I've never heard of) was kinda sad...I don't know books, I don't know music, I don't watch TV...oh man


-M