Week 22

I've always wanted to go to a Get Crafty session at Hart House, I just never had the chance to get off my butt and do it.  Well...I did it!  And it was so much fun!  It was great to do some little crafts, and it was nice to see students enjoy the activity as well. 

Date: Thursday September 28, 2017
Event/Activity: Get Crafty:
Cyanotypes
Capacity:  Student
Found: Hart House Website
Host: Hart House Get Crafty
Link: http://harthouse.ca/events/45903-2017-09-14/

Description: 

Get Crafty is Hart House’s series of free weekly drop-in craft workshops. We make cool crafts that will satisfy your creative cravings. We provide everything: tools, materials and even tea and cookies. We’ll make amazing crafts together to keep or give. Catch up with old friends and meet new ones over all things crafty at Hart House.

Experience: 
  • Went to the session, and was introduced to the craft
  • Made my Cyanotype by laying object on light sensitive paper and exposing it to the sun/a liquid mixture
  • Built a frame and called it a day! :)

What I learned: 
  • Sessions like these are a nice break from reality for a bit 
  • Everyone was so nice - students watching me struggle were helping me out xD 
  • The lighting in that room is not great....old buildings, gotta love em


-M