Week 28
So, I'm applying to another Masters Degree. Because I hate myself. Part of the reason I wanted to do this project this year was in anticipation for the MI program that I'm hoping to get into. I'm playing volleyball, singing in a choir, going to all these events in recognition that I won't have a life for the next three years. I had attended the MI open house eons ago...legitimately a good 3 - 4 years ago. It was a little weird to go back again, but it was definitely more applicable knowing I was about to apply!
Date: Saturday October 28, 2017
Event/Activity: Master of Information Open House & Tour
Capacity: Prospective Student
Found: Website
Host: iSchool
Link: https://ischool.utoronto.ca/future-students/admissions-events/
Description: Attend the Information day and hear faculty members describe course work and experiential opportunities available in the Master of Information, the Master of Museum Studies, as well as the CRO (MI+MMSt). Find out about career prospects, student services, admission requirements, internships, practicum and more.
Experience:
What I learned:
-M
Date: Saturday October 28, 2017
Event/Activity: Master of Information Open House & Tour
Capacity: Prospective Student
Found: Website
Host: iSchool
Link: https://ischool.utoronto.ca/future-students/admissions-events/
Description: Attend the Information day and hear faculty members describe course work and experiential opportunities available in the Master of Information, the Master of Museum Studies, as well as the CRO (MI+MMSt). Find out about career prospects, student services, admission requirements, internships, practicum and more.
Experience:
- Learned about the iSchool, the programs offered and the work that alumni are doing
- It was really clear and interesting to see how much the program has grown since the last time I was at the open house, and to see how many more students were interested
- Went to the specific info sessions for two concentrations including User Experience Design (which I intend to focus on)
- Later in the week, I also went on a tour of the iSchool facilities which was great - got to see the entire building along with the facilities open to students
What I learned:
- It's a growing field, which equates to a growing program, which also equates to more competition and more qualified folks
- Tours are great - it's nice to see a space and understand what can be accessed before starting a program; it certainly alleviates that feeling of imposter syndrome a little bit
- The program is a good fit for me; but the workload and schedule is going to be a lot
-M