Week 39
Date: February 2, 2018
Event/Activity: Winterlicious at Gallery Grill
Capacity: Student/staff/alumni
Found:Winterlicous site
Host: U o f T/ City of Toronto
Link: https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy/festivals-events/winterlicious/
Description: Warm your winter bellies with Toronto’s delicious cuisine at one-of-a-kind culinary events and three-course meals at more than 200 top restaurants. Yumm!
Experience:
- It was fancy - we were seated right on time based on the reservation we made, and it was a full three course with attentive waiters
- Really good food - just the right amount to be full but not stuffed
- Really interesting food combinations I haven't had (like persimmon in a salad!)
- YUMMMM
What I learned:
- This wasn't quite a learning experience, but I did get to know Hart House a little bit better
- Also seeing the types of people who were at the Gallery Grill that day was a reminder of the type of institution U of T has historically been; Hart House IS a historical cultural hub, but that doesn't come without prestige and privileged history
- I also had a lecture the other day where our professor reminded us about the power of alumni and alumni sponsorship; money can make a difference and I can see why - I suspect Hart House donors are a huge part of what makes the centre the way it is!
-M