Month 1
So, let me start by saying I'm really annoyed that I didn't start this project in the first week of April. I want (so badly) for the month to align with the weeks, but alas it is not so.
Where I'm finding events:
Originally, I was going to map a Student Development Theory onto each event. I had notes on theories of engagement, theories of alumni retention etc. all set to go. But it felt really forced, and more like homework, so I've taken it out. What I might do is map it onto competencies? I'm not sure...I want this project to be about the experience, but I also recognize the importance of reflection which I don't necessarily do enough of on the regular.
-M
Where I'm finding events:
- GSA Listserv
- SLP
- 9 new things//9 new things international
- GSU Listserv
- https://www.utoronto.ca/events
- https://sites.studentlife.utoronto.ca/slCalendar/sleventcalendar.aspx (Note: this didn’t come up on google, I had to have knowledge of the link through the SL homepage)
- http://harthouse.ca/whats-on/events-by-month
Originally, I was going to map a Student Development Theory onto each event. I had notes on theories of engagement, theories of alumni retention etc. all set to go. But it felt really forced, and more like homework, so I've taken it out. What I might do is map it onto competencies? I'm not sure...I want this project to be about the experience, but I also recognize the importance of reflection which I don't necessarily do enough of on the regular.
-M